A framework for strategic conversations
Capture the details of every innovation program you are running within your company. Write each program down (i.e. one per sticky note). Examples of innovation programs include: Intrapreneurship Program, Corporate Venture Capital Fund, Internal Accelerator, R&D Lab, etc.
Innovation programs are often disconnected from each other and the overall strategic goals of the company.
- What do we have, what is missing and still needs to be done?
- Which of our innovation programs that are having the most impact, and deserve continued investments?
- Which of our innovation programs are not currently having impact, but could be improved to have impact?
- Which of our innovation programs are not currently having impact, and should be stopped because the have no potential to have impact?
- Are our innovation programs connected and aligned to create a good innovation ecosystem?
Think through how you might make your programs more aligned with the corporate strategy. For example, innovation programs that are mapped in the bottom left side of the map could be treated as the foundation for future programs. Brainstorm solutions, seek expertise and start moving your programs towards more value creation and culture change.