In this post, we’re visualizing the financial logic behind Amazon’s decision to tie together its Amazon Prime subscription with its online streaming offer.
Tools and techniques used
- Business Model Canvas
- colour-coding based on value propositions
- Story-telling one sticky note at a time
- Amazon, an online retailer, offers a membership service called Amazon Prime which includes perks such as free two-day deliveries on items bought on Amazon.com.
- Amazon Prime subscribers enjoy free unlimited streaming.
- Amazon is hoping that online videos will attract more customers to Prime, and that Prime's other perks will encourage subscribers to shop on Amazon.com.
- Amazon is consolidating its presence in the entertainment industry by producing its own movies and TV series.
We're using business tools to decode the news. What other stories do you want us to dissect in the coming weeks?