This interview was first published on Mark Bidwell's Innovation Ecosystem podcast here.
In this discussion, Alex explains:
- The importance of visual tools like the Business Model & Value Proposition Canvas to guide business model innovation.
- The myth that innovation can only come from technology.
- The importance of creating a dual operating system culture: one focused on executing the present and one focused on inventing the future.
- Examples of companies like Amazon and how they maintain this dual culture.
We've curated some additional reading related to Alex's conversation:
- How Jeff Bezos Maintains Amazon's Killer Company Culture
- What Nestle Would Have To Do To Monetize Its Healthcare Bets
- Why Companies Fail & How To Prevent It