There are so many tools out there for running business experiments online. It can be a little bit daunting to orient yourself.
So here are 9 experiments from Testing Business Ideas by David Bland and Alex Osterwalder, along with 37 digital tools to get you started.
This post is based on the following Tweet from David.
Simple Landing Page
- Unbounce - Promote your business online with marketing powered by AI. The Unbounce Conversion Intelligence™ Platform lets you quickly create and optimize campaigns that get more of your visitors to take action.
- Launchrock - Acquire Early Customers. Build a launch site in minutes to capture early users and supercharge your marketing.
- Landerapp - 100+ ready made landing page templates. Start building landing pages in minutes with the best landing page designs!
- Kickofflabs - Quickly & easily setup refer a friend style giveaways, sweepstakes, and product launches! Get landing pages, lead forms, email marketing & more!
- Carrd - Simple. Start with one of dozens of templates (or a blank canvas) and make it your own. Responsive. Look great at every screen size right out of the box.
- Squarespace - Squarespace is the all-in-one solution for anyone looking to create a beautiful website. Domains, eCommerce, hosting, galleries, analytics, and 24/7 support.
- Balsamiq - Balsamiq is the company behind Balsamiq Wireframes, the industry standard low-fidelity wireframing tool. With Balsamiq Wireframes, anyone can design great user interfaces. Since 2008, our mission is to help rid the world of bad user interfaces.
- Pop by Marvel App - Prototyping on paper. POP helps you transform your pen and paper ideas into an interactive iPhone or Android prototype. Apple App Store.
- Sketch - The design platform used by over one million people — from freelancers, to the world's largest teams.
- Invision - Turn your static screens into interactive prototypes like the pros. Get started for free. Try the worlds leading design collaboration platform free. No credit card needed.
- Figma - Share, present, and gather feedback on interactive prototypes with smart animation and dynamic overlays that feel like the real thing.
- Google Ads - With Google Ads, you can reach potential customers who are looking for companies like yours in Google Search or Google Maps. You only pay for results, e.g. For example, for clicks that people use to get to your website or for calls to your company.
- Facebook for Business - You don't have to be an expert to start advertising on Facebook. Create and run campaigns using simple self-service tools, and track their performance with easy-to-read reports. More than two billion people use Facebook every month – so no matter what kind of audience you want to reach, you'll find them here.
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions - Marketing on LinkedIn helps you engage a community of professionals to drive actions that are relevant to your business. +750m professionals on LinkedIn. 4 of 5 members drive business decisions. #1 platform for lead generation.
- Instagram - Over 2 million businesses connect with people on Instagram. Learn how to use Instagram to reach new customers, grow your audience and engage with existing customers.
- Pinterest Ads - Grow your business with Pinterest ads. Reach 400 million people who use Pinterest every month to discover and buy your products. Get started.
- Microsoft Advertising - Access 681 million monthly unique searchers on the Microsoft Search Network and 250 million unique users through native advertising on brand-safe experiences. Connect across platforms and sites people use every day to get things done across work and life.
- Reddit - Reach passionate and diverse communities organized around thousands of different topics. Achieve your campaign objective, whether it’s starting a conversation or selling products. View your campaign metrics in a centralized dashboard, then analyze your results to optimize performance.
- Amazon Advertising - Grow your business and increase sales with online advertising solutions that help you find, attract, and engage customers on and off Amazon.
- Pendo - Pendo's product experience and digital adoption solutions help companies become product-led and deliver digital experiences users love.
- Optimizely - Creating digital experiences that transform your company takes data-driven decisions, continued experimentation and constant invention. Optimizely Digital Experience Platform helps you unlock your digital potential.
- Powtoon - Powtoon is the visual communication platform that gives you the freedom to create professional and fully customized videos your audience will love.
- Bensound - Download Royalty Free Music for free and use it in your project.
Web Traffic Analysis
- Google Marketing Platform - Google Analytics gives you the tools you need to better understand your customers. You can then use those business insights to take action.
- Crazyegg - Use Crazy Egg to see what's hot and what's not, and to know what your web visitors are doing with tools, such as heatmaps, recordings, A/B testing & more.
- Mixpanel - Get valuable customer insights to make smarter decisions and act faster based on how customers use your product or website with Mixpanel. Try it free.
- Lucky Orange - Lucky Orange will automatically create a recording of every visitor to your website. Quickly filter and segment recordings so you can see exactly why visitors are not converting.
- User Interviews - Get fast, targeted access to our diverse audience of over 400,000 vetted professionals and consumers. Talk to your users simply and consistently with CRM and automations to build an ongoing customer research habit.
- Craigslist - Craigslist is an American classified advertisements website with sections devoted to jobs, housing, for sale, items wanted, services, community service, gigs, résumés, and discussion forums.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk - Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a crowdsourcing marketplace that makes it easier for individuals and businesses to outsource their processes and jobs to a distributed workforce who can perform these tasks virtually.
- Five Second Test - Five second tests are a method of user research that help you measure what information users take away and what impression they get within the first five seconds of viewing a design. They're commonly used to test whether web pages are effectively communicating their intended message.
Check out this blog about How to Recruit User Research Participants from Craigslist.
Customer Support Analysis
- Intercom - Build great customer relationships every step of the journey with Intercom.
- Qualaroo - Qualaroo makes it easy to survey specific users in context while they are looking at your product, service & brand. Get actionable user insights based on where visitors are on your site, who they are, how much they pay, visit history and more.
- Olark - Olark's live chat software and customer data tools help you learn from every online interaction. Chat in real time, organize customer data and apply live chat insights.
Search Trend Analysis
- Google Trends - Explore how Google data can be used to tell stories. Explore our training center for over 40 lessons on Google products, including Google Trends.
- Google Analytics - Google Analytics gives you the free tools you need to analyze data for your business in one place, so you can make smarter decisions.
- Moz - Backed by the largest community of SEOs on the planet, Moz builds tools that make SEO, inbound marketing, link building, and content marketing easy.
If you found this useful and want to bring your business experiments skills to the next level, why not attend our next Testing Business Ideas Virtual Masterclass with David Bland?
No Comments Yet
Let us know what you think